Sunday, March 18, 2007

Happy Mother's Day

I have suffered a grade 1 assault on my emotions in the run-up to Mother's Day. First came the Brownies Posh Pink Party on Wednesday. Mums were invited along and served with juice, cake, songs and poems from our talented daughters.

On Friday, Anna's school held a Mother's Day assembly where the staff were handing out tissues at the door. Before the children had even come into the hall, we were treated to Westlife songs coupled with heart with loving messages on each chair and a display with sweet quotes about motherhood.

The tears really did start to flow when the children started reading. Anna's reading was "I can't put into words how much you mean to me, how much I admire you and how much I appreciate the things you do for me." Some of my so-called friends say that it should be Bob who was there given my frequent absence on election preparation at the moment, and they are probably right - but he'll get his turn come Father's Day:-)

This morning was very sweet - Anna had made me some wonderful cards which brought a tear to my eye and gave me 3 presents - The Queen on dvd, which I am just about to go and watch, a CD called "Me Time" - 2 weeks from an election campaign, not very likely, but I can listen to it in May, maybe, and a box of chocolates from Plaisir du Chocolat. The Prune and Armagnac ones are particularly heavenly.

This was all very lovely, but it's Anna who deserves the praise today. I could never do anything in my life which even comes close to the joy she gives me every single day. I always think that every phase she goes through is the cutest ever and she couldn't get any better, but she always does.

A special thought today to Dani and Siobhan - this is really your first Mother's Day, so enjoy it as you prepare for the arrival of your babies later this year.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails