Saturday, April 26, 2008

If I were a Londoner........

It will come as no surprise to anybody that I would be putting Brian Paddick first if I had a vote in the London mayoral election. It just seems that if you want a competent mayor who makes solving London's problems rather than ridiculous self promotion a priority, then he's your guy. Who could be better placed to make the strategic decisions necessary to tackle crime than someone with so much experience in the field.

But what would I do with my second preference? Would I decide "a plague on both your houses" and leave it blank?

I actually think I'd have to click my heels together 3 times, cross my fingers and hold my nose as I put Ken second. This is only because Boris is just so much of a joke. His record on everything I care about stinks and the thought of him as mayor makes my flesh creep. I reckon Ken is the least worst option if Brian doesn't win.

3 comments:

Alasdair W said...

The sad thing is many people may vote Ken as a first preference feeling the same way you would feel about a second preference. Negative Cohesion. Some people want to stop Ken really bad others want to stop Boris really bad. So it appears that it's putting a squeeze on the LibDem vote.

Anonymous said...

Hi Caron - hope you are well.

I did exactly what you said and held my nose, while the husband opted for a plague on both houses.

With only one decent candidate in the race 2nd choices have been a real nightmare for many of us.

Grace

ps the word verification letters I have been randomly given are "soddit" - make of that what you will.

Tristan said...

Funny, Boris is good on one of the things which brought me to the LibDems - ID Cards. Unlike Ken, he is opposed to them, and has always been (despite the Tories liking it at first).

I also can't see Boris seeking to use race politics. Ken's record on that is disgusting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails