Monday, October 27, 2008

PCs are just too darned clever these days

Yesterday when I left our HQ in Glenrothes, I forgot to log out of my e-mail.

Another colleague came in this morning, fired up the e-mail site and just assumed it was his that was logged in.

He then started sending out e-mails to people, and responding to messages that had been sent to me by people we both know.

Neither of us would have been any the wiser if I hadn't noticed that e-mails from me were appearing in my Outlook inbox at home.

For the first couple, I actually did wonder if I was going mad because these messages appeared that I couldn't remember sending - and then I sussed out what was going on.

Fortunately, the colleague in question is someone I trust and there was nothing in my inbox that I wouldn't want him to see - but the potential for disaster in this type of situation is very high.............

You have been warned......



LibDig This!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails