Wednesday, February 03, 2010

7 must be my lucky number!

Forget the Oscar nominations (although Colin Firth picking up one of the coveted golden statues would be kind of heavenly), Scotland's political bloggers have been waiting with a bit of trepidation for Duncan to reveal the Top Politics blogs as voted for by you, dear readers.

I was utterly gobsmacked to be number 7 on the list. I really don't understand it, but I'm not going to ask too many questions, I'm just going to appreciate it. It must be my lucky number because in the Total Politics blogs, I ended up in 7th position for Scotland and Lib Dems - and for UK politics blogs I was 67th.

Many congratulations to Jeff, the cute Greek Baby and Will for taking well deserved podium positions. They are all brilliant in their different ways. Jeff is sharp and original, with the Baby you somehow forget all the right wing bile as you howl with laughter and Will is thoughtful and persuasive.

Worthy of note across the awards is that although women are still very much in the minority of the Scottish blogosphere, we've actually taken more than our fair share of the top positions - Kez for Labour, me for the Lib Dems, Indygal for the politicians, Joan McAlpine for media. Let's hope that encourages and inspires other women - by that I mean YOU, Wendy Fraser, for a start, to start blogging.

I know it's a school night, but I'm going to have a wee glass of red to celebrate. Thanks again to everyone who voted for me and thanks again to Duncan for the immense amount of work he did in putting it all together. I may even have to forgive him for not worshipping the Almighty Schumacher.

3 comments:

subrosa said...

Well done Caron. Well deserved.

Unknown said...

I don't mean to put the mockers on your achievements but you all basically ask people to vote for you and then act all overwhelmed and unworthy after the event. Its a bit weird really. I used to be a Lib Dem member and I read all the mainstays of the Scottish blogging scene but it is a little mutually admiring and self congratulatory. What you all do is great but its a bit of an in crowd sometimes, which is off putting. I do enjoy your blogs alot and hope your return to health is speedy.

MekQuarrie said...

There's more than an element of truth about jock's comment. The blogger pool is quite small although it represents a vast (and often entertaining) breadth of opinions.
But, as with many talents, you've either got it or you haven't. And you have got that ability to be convincing. Best not to analyze too much... :-p

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails