Sunday, May 23, 2010

What I was doing 11 years ago today

I saw the film Notting Hill for the first (of very many) times 11 years ago today, also a Sunday.

How do I know this? Well, it was the day before Anna was due (although she didn't arrive for a wee while after that) and, being unable to resist anything Richard Curtis has written, I had to make sure I saw it before the baby was born.

Seriously, if the whole film had been as funny as the first half hour, I swear I would have actually left the cinema with a baby.

I've seen it many times since and it's never lost its appeal for me. Yes, it's trashy and schmaltzy and predictable, but Rhys Ifans portrayal of Hugh Grant's flatmate from hell Spike cuts into that. You can't watch this film and not laugh.

Here's the trailer to remind you of the best bits:

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails