Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Could new jab end Hay Fever Hell?

Every year around this time there seems to be some story about a potential cure for the misery of Hay Fever. And every year there seems to be no actual cure arriving. It's just like when I used to go hillwallking with my husband and he always used to say to me that the top was "just over this hump" - except there was always another hump to get over.

This year's ray of hope comes, as reported in the Torygraph, in the form of a jab which could deal with all sorts of allergies and related conditios in one go - Hay Fever, Asthma, Eczema and even peanut allergy.

Poor Bob is absolutely miserable with Hay Fever at the moment. It's seemed to take longer to arrive this year, but it's now here with an absolute vengeance. His, since childhood, has not only involved sore, itchy eyes, but also just wipes him out. He came home from work yesterday and slept for 12 hours straight and still feels no better this morning.

I never used to have a problem with it, but I've been sneezing my head off for the past couple of days. Inconvenient, but trivial in comparison.

And to those of you mean, unsympathetic so and sos who just say take an antihistamine and stop whinging (and people like that do exist, believe me) - well, he has been, and it doesn't work.

A wonder jab to get rid of this, if it actually happens, will be welcomed in this house. In the meantime, Bob and the millions like him can take comfort from the fact that the worst of it should be over in another 3 weeks or so.

1 comment:

Liberal Neil said...

I've found this year to be the worst I can remember for hayfever.

I take the pills regularly, which helps reduce the symptoms but not stop them.

Fingers crossed that this breakthrough will come through.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails