Monday, May 23, 2011

BAFTA forgets Nicholas Courtney but Doctor Who fans never will.

I didn't watch the BAFTAs last night, but I was very sad to wake up this morning to see that during the "In Memoriam" spot, there was no mention of one of the best loved Doctor Who actors. Nicholas Courtney, who played Brigadier Alistair Gordon Lethbridge-Stewart, passed away in February.

Toby Hadoke, whose show Moths ate my Doctor Who scarf is a must for Doctor Who geeks and occasional fans and, actually, anyone in their 40s or 50s, posted his anger at the lack of respect to Courtney.

I'm sure everyone who grew up with the Brigadier will agree with me. 

I love this tribute video, one of many on You Tube.  I still think my favourite moment is Tom Baker's first episode, and the Brigadier's face when he's trying on all the ridiculous costumes. Comedy gold. 


And here's another from his last appearance in the Sarah Jane Adventures. I hadn't actually watched it since Elisabeth Sladen died last month. Let's just say it made me cry.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails