Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A "pick me up" for bruised Liberal Democrats

Over the last few days, I've been turning to a variety of things to give me comfort. Chocolate, wine, Zumba and music have featured highly. Funnily enough, I haven't yet tried either Doctor Who or Formula One - there just hasn't been the space to watch either Saturday's episode or Sunday's race - although that's about to change once I've written another couple of posts for your delectation.

In terms of music, I'd actually already turned to the music of Alison Burns. I know a lot of busy people who have lots of roles, but surely lawyer, Lib Dem candidate and jazz singer is one of the best combinations I've come across.  I bought her album Kissing Bug a while ago and I've found that the bluesy stuff is appropriate to my mood without bringing me down further, and Alison's voice is lovely and soothing. Perfect for the moment - a bit like a consoling cuddle.

So it was lovely to wake up this morning to find an e-mail from Alison's husband, fellow Liberal Democrat candidate James Taylor containing a link to a video he and Alison recorded to cheer up their party friends and colleagues.  I thought I'd share it with you.



And we can't afford to wait too long before we dust ourselves off given that there are 361 days until the next set of elections..........

Oh, and if you want to see Alison singing live, you can do so in Aberdeen  on 3rd June at the Lemon Tree, or south of the border, she'll be at the Wiltshire Jazz Festival on 11th June.

2 comments:

Trevor said...

LOL! Very good. Thanks for sharing.

Jock said...

Nice song. Can Alison sing 'Scots Wha Hey' ?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails