Friday, September 09, 2011

Half a decade of Musings

Five years and 2164 posts ago, on a Saturday afternoon, I wrote the first post on this blog. I had no idea how much I'd come to enjoy it. I hope to keep going for the next 5 years too.

The blog's birthday coincides with the anniversary of my Granny's death. I guess it was my way of bringing her into my endeavours. The first substantive post I wrote was about her. She was the kindest person I ever knew, with endless patience.

She also made the best tattie soup I have ever tasted in my life. I have never been able to recreate anything like it.

She absolutely loved her little dogs. Her last, a wee cairn called Cheeky who died when I was in about third year of High School, was a real friend to me as a child.

It's high time I got some of the old photos scanned in and up on the interwebby thing.

September 2006 was the month Steve Irwin died, and, obviously, 5 years since 9/11. Tony Blair was still Prime Minister & I remember mischief making speculation in every media outlet about how long exactly he'd be in Number 10 as the party conference season approached.

I've mused through 2 Holyrood campaigns, one Westminster election, a long & debilitating period of ill health, through 3 Scottish leaders and two Westminster leaders. From triumph to utter heartbreak, through the challenges of the coalition, to wondering what you'd do with hallucinogenic lipstick, it's been random and fun.

Fasten your seat belts form the next five years.

If this were a wedding anniversary, it would be wood.

2 comments:

Liberal Neil said...

On reading this post I checked and find I have been blogging for just over seven years now.

(Although not nearly as many posts as your good self)

Do keep at it - your's is one I always enjoy reading.

Unknown said...

Coming from you, that means a lot. Thank you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails