Friday, December 30, 2011

I can tell you the secret now......

Six weeks or so ago I tweeted that I was more excited than the most excited thing on the planet, but I couldn't tell you about it. You all knew that it had to be something really special if it was going to top my McCartney excitement.

The reason I had to stay quiet was because it was one of Anna's Christmas presents, the one from us rather than Santa.

But now I can tell you.

She and I are off to the first Official Doctor Who Convention at the Millennium Centre in Cardiff in March. Not only have I never ever been to Wales before, but we're going to see, among others, Matt Smith, Steven Moffat and Arthur Darvill.

Definitely something to look forward to. A lovely girlie weekend in Cardiff with my gorgeous daughter. I can't wait.

As a matter of interest, the guesses I had on Twitter showed just how well people know me. It was SNP activist Grahame Case who sussed it out almost immediately, though,  because he and his fiancee had just booked the tickets for the same event. I'd done it within 10 minutes of receipt of the e-mail telling me about the event, so we were both pretty quick off the mark.

If you were amused by my wide eyed excitement about Liverpool and McCartney, imagine what I'm going to be like in the run up to this........

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails