Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Neil Gaiman's Calendar of Tales

I have the lovely Kate to thank for alerting me to this. Author Neil Gaiman is writing what he describes as a Calendar of Tales. He's going to write a story for every month based on ideas sent by the likes of you and I. He's got some backing from BlackBerry from this and they have set up a dedicated website where you can take part. Be sure to read the small print - you need to follow BlackBerry on Twitter for your tweet to be eligible.

Anyway, I had a go at answering the questions and I'm copying Kate and sharing my answers with you here.

Why is January so dangerous?

If you can't afford to keep warm, or have nowhere to sleep, January is life threatening

What's the strangest thing that ever happened to you in February?

Being part of the team in a spectacular by-election win (Dunfermline, at a time when we had no leader, there was a salacious tabloid tale every half hour and we were in strong Labour territory). February is a good month for the Lib Dems and by-elections. I'm looking at the fab team in Eastleigh.....

What historical figure does March remind you of?

Given my love of phones, it has to be Alexander Graham Bell, who was born in March.

What's your happiest memory of April?

My sister's happy, highland wedding last year

What's the weirdest gift you've been given in May?

A pottery elephant with Jumbo Effort on it as a thank you gift.

Where would you spend the perfect June?

In a farmhouse in the north of Mallorca

What is the most unusual thing you have ever seen in July?

A blog post for National Orgasm Day, which was also my birthday

If August could speak, what would it say?

Enjoy the warmth and freedom of Summer. Cold, dark misery will be here soon.

Tell me something you lost in September that meant a great deal to you.

My loving, kind, tea-drinking, story-telling, dog-loving, highland, smiling, comforting Granny

What mythical creature would you like to meet in October?

A proud, dignified unicorn would brighten any month.

What would you burn in November if you could?

I wish I could turn all my self doubt and lack of confidence into some non polluting fuel

Who would you like to see again in December?

My friend Andrew, who once got into Parliament dressed as Santa Claus.

You have to have it done by 5pm GMT tomorrow, 6th February. Take part here.  Wednesday isn't the end of our involvement, though. If you can draw, once the stories are written, he's looking for illustrators with the idea that they will be made into a calendar for next year.

I really can't wait to see what ideas are chosen and how the project develops.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails